Mastodon.green is available in selected countries, mainly in Europe and North America. Why not the whole world? Albin Social, the company behind Mastodon.green, is micro sized and can’t afford to offer its services to the whole world. You can however connect with people on other Mastodon servers around the world when you have an account on Mastodon.green.
Zone A – Core countries
EEA (European Economic Area) countries:
- Czech Republic
Zone B – Neighbours
Selected neighbour countries:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Micro states (Andorra, Monaco, San Marino and Vatican city)
- North Macedonia
- United Kingdom
[*] This designation is without prejudice to positions on status
Zone C – North America
Countries are selected based on a number of factors in combination:
- Physical closeness to EU, Albin Social’s core region.
- Perceived closeness to EEA laws and regulations
- Languages including added complexity from right-to-left writing or non-Latin characters
- The perceived difficulty in finding enough EU-based moderators with language skills
- Level of L2 English skills among the population
- EU membership-application or association-agreement
- Ongoing war, conflicts or other complications
- Potential costs and paths to revenue
- Common service providers and platforms
- Is the country so big that a small complication become a large problem
There’s nothing wrong with left to right writing or non-Latin characters, they may even be better, it just creates extra cost for Albin Social to deal with that extra complexity.
Currently you must live in zone A to become a premium member.
Premium membership tiers: Net-zero, Removal, Boost and Organisation Lite.